Midtown Comics has created another fun contest for you to enter! This time, we’re giving away free copies of Life With Archie #36 signed by Paul Kupperberg! This book is sold out at almost every comic book retailer in the world, including Midtown Comics! However, a few lucky winners will receive a Fiona Staples variant cover, which Paul was happy to sign for us. This contest will last from 07/31/14 – 08/08/14. You can only enter the contest once, but can build up more entries by Liking our page on Facebook, Following us on Twitter, Following us on Pinterest, and Tweeting at us daily about the contest. You can also now gain more entries by referring your friends or signing up for our newsletter as well! Read on for more details below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- In order to enter the contest, you must Like our Midtown Comics page on Facebook.
- You must also be following us on Twitter.
- To earn additional entries and increase your chances of winning, you can tweet, “I entered to win a signed Life With #Archie #36 by @PaulKupperberg from @MidtownComics!bit.ly/1oeTX2M ”. You can then submit the URL of your tweet to Rafflecopter. Please note, that you can only tweet this once per day.
- You can also refer friends to gain additional entries.
- Signing up for our newsletter will also gain you an entry.
- You can follow us on Pinterest as well!
Thank you for entering, and good luck! The winners will be notified around 10am on 08/08/14
Your favorite comic shop retailer employees Ted (Manager of Midtown Comics Downtown), Sam (Jill of all trades at Midtown Comics Downtown and Youtube video host), Andrew (Marketing manager), and customer Gavin introduce you to the first episode in the reboot of the Midtown Comics Podcast.
In this first episode, Sam fills us in on her time at The Guardians of the Galaxy world premiere and if it lives up to the hype.
The staff talk Batman Day and the Death of Archie Andrews, give you their favorite Comic Con experiences, their favorite reads from the week, and what they’re looking forward to next week on the racks. Then, they give you their thoughts on the new Avengers status quo and how can Wolverine actually die?
Leave questions for the crew at the official Midtown Comics Twitter and Facebook and they’ll be answered on the next episode!
Visit midtowncomics.com for everything comic related and we’ll ship where ever you are!
Libsyn directory URL
If you haven’t heard the news by now, Dynamite Entertainment and DC Comics will be releasing a new comic series in which Django, the revenge-seeking slave from the movie/comic Django Unchained, will meet Zorro, the Spaniard who marks his enemies with a “Z”. Better yet, the series will be written by legendary filmmaker Quentin Tarantino, and acclaimed writer Matt Wagner!
Django/Zorro will be released later this year, but in the meantime, Midtown Comics was able to get an exclusive interview with Matt Wagner to hear some more details about this wacky crossover!
Read the rest of this entry »
It’s that moment you’ve all been waiting for — Midtown Comics will have New York Comic Con tickets for sale next week! Our exclusive first launch of tickets to the convention will go on sale Thursday, August 7th at Midtown Comics Downtown ONLY. Additional tickets will be sold in all three locations on Friday, August 8th. Please note, there will be a limit of 4 tickets per customer. All tickets available only while supplies last! In-store only!
Ticket Sale Hours on 08/07
Midtown Comics Downtown: 8am – 8pm
Ticket Sale Hours on 08/08:
Midtown Comics Downtown: 10am-8pm
Midtown Comics Times Square: 8am-12am
Midtown Comics Grand Central: 10am-9pm
Some New York Super Week Card Benefits:
- Drink specials at venues & bars such as Rock Bar, Barcase, The Bell House, Union Hall, Videology, Duke’s, Big Daddy’s, and The Way Station.
- Discounts to citywide tours such as Watson Adventure Tours, Shop Gotham, Bike and Roll NYC, Slice of Brooklyn, and On Location Tours.
- In-store merchandise discounts at cool retailers including Midtown Comics and FDNY Fire Zone.
- Additional benefits & partners will be announced throughout Summer 2014.
Please note, the New York Super Week Card is NOT a ticket to NYCC and does NOT provide priority access or seating to any events at New York Comic Con.
The New York Super Week Card is also NOT a ticket to any New York Super Week ticketed events — those must be purchased separately. For any questions, please head to the New York Super Week website!
The 2014 Eisner Award Winners were announced Friday evening and we’re happy to share the results with you! All of the winners can be seen in bold text below.
In fact, almost all of these titles can be found in-store or online at MidtownComics.com. We carry a number of signed copies, limited edition variants, store-exclusive variants, and much more! Read on for the full list of winners below:
Read the rest of this entry »