03 Jul, 2015
FULL TIME HELP WANTED: CHIEF BACK ISSUE BUYER AT MIDTOWN COMICS’ WAREHOUSE IN NEW HYDE PARK, NY!
Put your passion for comic books and pop culture to work for the premiere comic book retailer! Midtown Comics is seeking a Chief Comic Book Buyer, a full time, challenging, and highly rewarding position. Job duties will include procuring back issues, key issues, collections, supervising the vetting of condition, grading, authentication of properties, reviewing inquiries, and much more.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of comic books from the Golden Age to today.
- Expert grading skills, and complete familiarity with the systems in place by CGC, and Overstreet.
- Extensive experience in the comic book industry.
- Highly personable, with natural skill in verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Expertise in “closing the deal.”
- Experience with an auction house is welcome, but not required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be available to work full time Monday – Friday (possibly some weekends if required).
Our warehouse is very accessible via the Long Island Railroad, just one block from the New Hyde Park station.
Please send your resume via e-mail to: email@example.com, and in the subject line, enter “Back Issue Buyer Job.”
We hope to hear from you soon!
Your friends at Midtown Comics