23 Apr, 2013
Enter the fabulous world of comics and work for the premiere retailer! We are looking for a Junior Systems Administrator that has experience with installation, configuration, documentation, and maintenance of a Windows server environment, virtualization software, and server hardware administration. We’re also looking for someone with a natural born love of comics.
This role offers exposure to a wide range of technologies including Windows, Citrix, and VMware administration. The candidate will work closely with the Director of Technology, the CFO, and the COO in many new initiatives by researching, planning, documenting, testing, and rolling out new systems and applications. This position requires excellent communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer the Windows Server 2003/2008 environment; support and administer Active Directory, group policies, DNS, and DHCP under the supervision of the Director of Technology.
- Administer & maintain the Citrix environment, including Presentation Server, Web Interface, and published applications. Proactively install Citrix software patches as necessary.
- Assist in the planning, implementation, and maintenance of VMware environment.
- Administer the current Exchange 2003 server, including mailbox & database maintenance as well as research and upgrade to the latest Exchange when appropriate.
- Perform light database administration tasks as requested.
- The ability to effectively research and manage projects assigned to them in a professional, organized, and efficient manner.
- Make recommendations on enhancements to optimize system availability and performance.
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot network printers and drivers.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues on LAN segments, VPN’s, and WAN connections.
- Assist with the creation and placement of users and new user accounts into their appropriate User & Security Groups.
- Provide and maintain clear and easy to understand documentation and procedures.
- Associates degree or higher in IT or related field, or MCSE/MCITP certification.
- Minimum of 3 years of Windows administration experience, including Server, AD, group policy, DNS, & DHCP administration.
- Must have some experience with VMware, including creating & maintaining virtual machines.
- Discipline and strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Full knowledge & proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Citrix, SQL, Mac OSX, and/or Watchguard Firewall.
- Working knowledge of any of the following: Power Shell, VB, .Net, or SQL.
- Working knowledge of switches, routers, and wireless AP.
- Familiarity with mobile devices. (i.e. iPhones, iPads, Droids, Windows).
If you’re the IT person that Reed Richards would want, please send your resume along with salary requirements to [email protected] with the subject line: Junior System Administrator.
This position is located at our warehouse in LIC, Queens and is easily accessible via MTA, including the 7 and E lines.
Salary will be based upon experience.