07 Dec, 2016
18 Nov, 2016
11 Jan, 2016
Order Secret Wars #9 here: http://bit.ly/1mL5cr2
This recap contains some spoilers, but we’re purposely avoiding BIG ones and being vague about other ones! To properly appreciate the event, we strongly recommend reading it for yourself. Trust us, it’s worth it.
The Marvel Universe is constantly changing. From villains taking over to heroes battling each other over ideological differences, several big events have made drastic changes to the status quo in the primary Marvel Universe, which is called the 616 universe. However, nothing has impacted Marvel’s heroes and villains quite like the latest big event: Secret Wars by writer Jonathan Hickman and artist Esad Ribic.
08 Dec, 2015
I remember the first time that I saw a HOT TOYS figure and I thought that surely this was just one made for charity or some important cause. There was no way that this work of art could be available for regular collectors like me to actually purchase, right? But it was true. I had seen the future of toys back in 2004 at San Diego Comic Con and this was going to change the playing field for what was quickly becoming known as the “high end collectible figure.” As I stood there admiring this piece, it was as if I had just been dropped off by Doc Brown & Marty McFly in a time traveling DeLorean. I was witnessing the future of toys and the future looked incredibly bright.
To celebrate director/writer/actor Jon Favreau’s birthday, we’re going to take a look at his first Marvel Studios movie, Iron Man, and explain why it’s awesome. The film has received plenty of love over the years and obviously, we think Tony Stark’s cinematic origin story deserves all of that praise and then some! So, get cozy and let’s talk about why the first Iron Man movie is great!
13 Oct, 2015
Midtown Comics has another exciting contest for you to enter! This time, we’re giving away an All-New Hawkeye #1 blank variant signed by actor Jeremy Renner! Hawkeye himself! This contest will last from 10/13/15 – 10/26/15. You can only enter the contest once, but you also can build up more entries by Liking our page on Facebook, Following us on Twitter, Following us on Pinterest, and Tweeting at us daily about the contest. You can also now gain more entries by referring your friends or signing up for our newsletter as well! Read on for more details below:
- In order to enter the contest, you must Like our Midtown Comics page on Facebook.
- You must also be following us on Twitter.
- To earn additional entries and increase your chances of winning, you can tweet, “I entered to win a signed #Hawkeye #1 by @Renner4Real from @MidtownComics!”. You can then submit the URL of your tweet to Rafflecopter. Please note that you can only tweet this once per day.
- You can also refer friends to gain additional entries.
- Signing up for our newsletter will also gain you an entry.
- You can follow us on Pinterest as well!
- You MUST be able to pick up the tickets in person from Midtown Comics Times Square!
Thank you for entering, and good luck! The winner will be notified on 10/26/15.