Our Midtown Comics Warehouse in New Hyde Park, LI is now hiring for some great new positions! Read on below to learn how to join our awesome team of heroes!
HELP WANTED—BACK ISSUE DEPARTMENT
- Must Be Detail Oriented
- Advanced Comic Knowledge A Must
- Must be available to work Full Time Monday – Friday (Possibly some weekends if required)
Must be able to lift heavy boxes
PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@MIDTOWNCOMICS.COM with subject line: Back Issue Department
PART TIME HELP WANTED—SHIPPING DEPARTMENT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comic Knowledge Necessary
- Must Be Detail Oriented
Must be available to work weekends
PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@MIDTOWNCOMICS.COM with subject line: Shipping Department
FULL TIME HELP WANTED: CHIEF BACK ISSUE BUYER AT MIDTOWN COMICS’ WAREHOUSE IN NEW HYDE PARK, NY!
Put your passion for comic books and pop culture to work for the premiere comic book retailer! Midtown Comics is seeking a Chief Comic Book Buyer, a full time, challenging, and highly rewarding position. Job duties will include procuring back issues, key issues, collections, supervising the vetting of condition, grading, authentication of properties, reviewing inquiries, and much more.
- Encyclopedic knowledge of comic books from the Golden Age to today.
- Expert grading skills, and complete familiarity with the systems in place by CGC, and Overstreet.
- Extensive experience in the comic book industry.
- Highly personable, with natural skill in verbal and written communications.
- Exceptional negotiating skills.
- Expertise in “closing the deal.”
- Experience with an auction house is welcome, but not required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be available to work full time Monday – Friday (possibly some weekends if required).
Our warehouse is very accessible via the Long Island Railroad, just one block from the New Hyde Park station.
Please send your resume via e-mail to: email@example.com, and in the subject line, enter “Back Issue Buyer Job.”
HELP WANTED—JANITOR/MAINTENANCE AT MIDTOWN COMICS’ WAREHOUSE
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean buildings by emptying trash, sweeping, and cleaning surfaces.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Dust furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Clean and service restrooms with mops and disinfectants.
- Clean and wipe down kitchen
- Identify and report possible repairs.
- Fix minor plumbing leaks
- Light maintenance knowledge required
PLEASE E-MAIL YOUR RESUME TO JOBS@MIDTOWNCOMICS.COM with subject line: Janitor/Maintenance