07 Jul, 2014
18 Jun, 2014
By Jacobus Dixon
By late 1939, comic book sales were dominated by Superman and Batman — both characters which happened to be owned by National Comics. What was a rival comic publisher to do? While many publishers decided to piggy-back off of the continuous popularity of Superman, there were a few who decided to stick with their particular characters. Timely Comics was one of those publishers. True, their magazine didn’t outsell Superman or Batman, but it was enough to attract a group of readers large enough to make a name for Timely Comics.
17 Jun, 2014
Midtown Comics has created another fun contest for you to enter! This time, we’re giving away free Amazing Spider-Man #1 Incentive Comics! This contest will last from 06/17/14 – 06/24/14. You can only enter the contest once, but can build up more entries by Liking our page on Facebook, Following us on Twitter, Following us on Pinterest, and Tweeting at us about the contest. You can also now gain more entries by referring your friends or signing up for our newsletter as well! Read on for more details below:
- In order to enter the contest, you must Like our Midtown Comics page on Facebook.
- You must also be following us on Twitter.
- To earn additional entries and increase your chances of winning, you can tweet, “I entered to win an Amazing #SpiderMan #1 Incentive Comic from @MidtownComics! bit.ly/1i8wTqL”. You can then submit the URL of your tweet to Rafflecopter. Please note, that you can only tweet this once per day.
- You can also refer friends to gain additional entries.
- Signing up for our newsletter will also gain you an entry.
- You can follow us on Pinterest as well!
Thank you for entering, and good luck! The winners will be notified on 06/25/14.
16 Jun, 2014
The first year of Special Edition: NYC has finally come to an end, and boy, did we have fun! We ran into some old friends, and made some new ones as well. Our booth was located front and center in the Javits center, showcasing some of our Midtown exclusive variants, t-shirts, blank covers, and more! We checked out some great panels, interviewed some top creators, and even gave away free comics! Read about our complete coverage of the event below!
13 Jun, 2014
13 Jun, 2014
By Thomas Hairston
As I am writing this E3, or as it is better known, Christmas for Gamers, is going on. It’s when all the video game creators and publishers come out and say “Hey, here’s everything that we’re making, here’s all of our announcements, go pre-order it now!” It’s the time of year when a bunch of programmers turn into rock stars and we all cross our fingers and hope that the Last Guardian gets a release date (it won’t, just accept it now and you’ll be a lot happier).